Friday 9 May 2014

Lost and Found

     So, I came across something today..and I just about died when I saw it. I have a portable USB Drive that I had tucked away and forgotten about and this morning while at work, (yes I'm blogging while at work..it's quiet today-haha) I happened across it in my pencil case. So I popped it into the computer to check it out and lo' and behold! All of my high school English essays, Writer's Craft assignments, and the first story I ever typed up were now filling my screen. I couldn't open them fast enough. For this one story, I had finally managed to type up, I thought I had lost. I used to write everything by hand and this was a huge step for me to put it onto the computer. Sadly, when my first laptop went through some technical issues, I took it into Future Shop and they neglected to tell me that I may lose everything on the hard-drive if I turned it over to them to be fixed.
     I was devastated, to say the least. I had lost 20+ pages of tiny 10 font print of my story that I had labelled, 'Dreadfully Beautiful.' Finding it this morning was so fantastic, I don't even know what to say..other than it needs some serious editing and revising. But I'm so happy I found it, because this was a story I was very proud of and hope to finish it in the future. I know I haven't posted anything recently in regards to my other story, but it's coming along. So don't worry, there will be another update very soon. Thanks for reading, I just got so excited about my little discovery and I had to tell someone. ^_^

No comments: